Friday 2 November 2018

October, but in November

Oops, missed that deadline, good thing it's not a strict one. 
So here is the October WIPocalypse blog,  The Question of the Month is
Do you prefer to stitch on a rotation or one project at a time?
I am very much a one project at a time person, though technically I usually have two, one upstairs which is usually a small project as I really only stitch upstairs when watching Jeopardy or Curling.  I do most of my stitching downstairs where the light is better so that is where my BAP usually lives, and I almost always finish one thing before I start the next. There are exceptions to that rule such as the Mandala of the Month
 I've been doing this year which I do the first Thursday of the month, the Halloween SAL will cause my to set aside my BAP until they are finished, and sometime in November I set everything aside to make ornaments, because I love them.

I've been pretty busy for October, I finished the two Halloween SAL projects, both from Lucky Star Stitches 
















Worked more on Mr. Tumnus
But have now officailly put that aside to do ornaments, already finished this one which is two sided. 

I have two Secret Santa exchanges that I will need ornaments for and then the rest will just be for fun, and probably gifts.














As for what I watched


Critical Role: and Talks Machina 

Between the Sheets - an excellent interview program of the Critical Role cast

Avatar: The Last Airbender Season 3 Wow this series was a good as I’d heard.






Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - I’m not sure what I
think about Johnny Depp being in the Potter franchise but other than that I love how this expands the world,

Field of Dreams - So a man builds a ball field in the middle of a crop of corn because a voice tells him too, and then it gets even stranger. But on the other hand, this movie is perfect in every way


Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within - The story has great heaping plot holes but it’s still a good way to spend an afternoon, also it’s kind of fun to see what was cutting edge graphics 17 years ago

Finding Nemo - Is Pixar capable of putting out a bad movie? This is so fun and sweet and lovely and I will forever adore the “Mine” seagulls




The First Knight - I’ll be honest, the only reason I own this is because it came with A Knight’s Tale. I saw it in theatre in 1995 and haven’t watched it since until now.  It’s claims to be a story of Camelot, but the only resemblance to the legend is the names, but if you set that aside, it’s not a bad romantic adventure movie.

The Librarian: Quest for the Spear - First movie in the Librarian trilogy that went on to be a delightful TV series.  It’s Indian Jones light and on a budget


Flight of the Navigator - A fun family friendly sci-fi from Disney in the 80’s and actually the story and special effects hold up quite well

1 comment:

  1. You had a great stitching October and I can't wait what kinds of ornaments you'll cook up now!

    ReplyDelete