Sunday 26 December 2021

December WIPocalypse

 Once again it's been two months since I posted, but nothing much happened in November so no loss. 

This months question is Recap your accomplishments for the year! (Your finishes, your final before/after photos, etc).

So let's start with the ornaments I always do in winter, I had two from Mill Hill kits



One from Just Cross Stitch Ornament Issue 

And this one which is a gift that didn't quite get finished in time form Irina Zagordskaya  on Etsy


I also did a cute Halloween Mill Hill Kit


Other than that. my year was mainly focused on Winter Snowfall 


and Lion King 

Start of 2021



End of 2021

As for what I watched (two months worth)


Critical Role Campaign 3 has started!!!!!


Sleepy Hollow - Season 4: They really should have stopped at three, but the series finale was satisfying 


Arrow Season 2 - I’m going into the unwatched episodes, considering I bought the whole series I better like it.


The Legend of Korra - Season 1 - This looks so good


The Princess Diaries 2 : Just as charming as the first


Dune (2021) - A really good adaptation, I was glad that I had watched an earlier version not long ago so the storyline was familiar as Dune is a very dense story.  Also Timothee Chalamet made a surprisingly good Paul.


The Puppet Masters - One of those really good alien invasion movies that no one has heard of. It’s a bit more subtle than most but a good cast and really good storyline, though it does have some of the expected clichés.


The January Man - A dark comedy murder mystery starring Kevin Kline and Alan Rickman, it’s kind of great. 


Johnny Mnemonic - It’s always fun to see a near future dystopian movie that takes place in the far off year of 2021 and realizing that because of the way technology has evolved the whole plot is rather pointless.  This movie has not aged well.  However if you turn your mind off to that problem, it is a fun action movie.


Journey to the Center of the Earth - The Brendon Fraser one - I’ve always liked that this in not a remake or adaptation but more of an homage, and a really well made one too.


Julie and Julia - The story of Julia Child and of Julie Powel who baked her way through Julia’s cookbook, the stories are meshed seamlessly and its a fun watch


Jack the Giant Slayer - Nothing spectacular but it’s a fun romp


Jumanji - The original, I always preferred Zathura, but this came in a pack with the new ones so a rewatch was in order, and I actually liked it better than I remembered.


Jumanji - Welcome to the Jungle and The Next Level - These sequels are so much better than the original. They are fun and funny and so good in all ways


The Nightmare Before Christmas - I always meant to watch this and never got around to it. But a show I want to watch soon references it a lot so I thought it was time, and I really did enjoy it.

Jumper - It’s a decent show, the concept is great but the character of the lead is not that likable and the female love interest behaves  profoundly stupid. But it does have it’s fun moments,


Blumhouse’s Fantasy Island - I grew up with the original show so it was pretty easy to imagine it as a horror. And this movie does the job pretty well actually.


1 comment:

  1. Great stitching progress this year! Love all your little ornaments.
    I wouldn't say that I liked the new Jumanjis better than the older ones, but they were surprisingly fun!

    ReplyDelete