Friday 5 April 2024

March Update

 It's been a good month all round, I booked a trip to Ontario in October it see a whole bunch of shows. A very disruptive person at work has quit, so it should be calmer there hopefully. And I got a bunch of stitching done. 

The WIPocalypse question on the month is What colors – and brands – of floss do you love using? Do you have a particular color that you absolutely love?

Brand wise I use the standard DMC and for the dreaded metallics I use Kreinik. as it makes the metallics a little less dreaded.  I can't say I have much of a brand preference for fabric, as long as it's evenweave I'm happy.  I do adore using Mill Hill kits. Colour wise give me pretty blues and greens I love them

So this month I finished the stitching and backstitching on Bellatrix so now all I have to do in the thousands of beads


I've also got a decent start on my Mill Hill Fairies back up piece finally.



As for what I watched 

Critical Role

Blown Away - All four seasons, I binged this one, it’s a standard reality competition just like the baking ones, but in this case it’s about making blown and sculptured glass.

Doctor Who - On to David Tennent, like many people, he is still my favorite.

Avatar the Last Airbender - Live action - This was pretty solid, I’m looking forward to the next season

Dune - Part 2 - This was really good, a lot of changes from the other two versions I’ve watched (I’ve never read the books) but that didn’t stop it from being a really entertaining and well done show. Also really terrific use of sound and music

Kung Fu Panda 4 - I haven’t seen 2 and 3 and didn’t really intend to see this, but I went to the theatre to see IF but I had misread and it was Imaginary that was playing.  I’m not into horror so I went to the movie that started next.  It was fun.

The School of Good and Evil - One of the kids at work recommended this Netflix movie to me, and she has good taste, I really enjoyed it. 

Cabrini - The story of the USA’s first saint, it was a really interesting movie and very well acted.


1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, Bella looks so great! Maybe a finish next month?
    We watched the Avatar Live Action too, I think it was really well done. Can't wait to see what they make of the rest of the story!

    ReplyDelete