Sunday 25 August 2024

May, June, July, August, What Month is it anyway?

 Wow, I knew it had been a couple months, but I didn’t think I hadn’t updated since April, where did the time go? I have a few WIPapocalypse questions to get to, so let’s get to it.

MAY: How do you personally distinguish between a Work in Progress (WIP) and an Unfinished Object (UFO)? I actually don’t have any UFO’s so this question has no answer

JUNE: Half-year recap:  How are you doing with your goals so far this year? Pretty good actually, I finished Bellatrix, got a good start on the elephants, have nearly finished the Mill Hill Fairies and even did some Diamond Painting

JULY:  Which of your current WIPs do you consider your most difficult piece to stitch? That would be the fairies, the elephants are straight forward cross stitch, just the amount of greys and browns make it a slight bit challenging, but anytime you add beads (and I love adding beads) it gets more difficult(and fun)

AUGUST: Do you belong to any stitching groups or guilds (either in person or virtual)? If so, tell us about them. Only one, a very small virtual group that we call the Dragon Lordettes, there is just six of us, but it’s been going on for over a decade. We “met” way back in the heyday of DeviantArt


As for life during these last few months, it’s mainly been work and movies like normal, I did get back to Vancouver to see Twelfth Night at Bard on the Beach and the Celebration of Light Fireworks show. I also booked a trip to Iceland for June of next year.


Now for what I’ve been working on, I have the Mill Hill Fairy Garden, which I’m just starting the beading on


The Panna Elephants that I’m about half way on, maybe I’ll finish before the end of the year, but there is no rush


And I tried my first Diamond Painting that was my project all through the Olympics, what fun this was, and my brother gave me three more kits for my birthday. 

 As For What I Watched


Critical Role and it’s sister show Candela Obscura

The Great British Baking Show - Season 4

Doctor Who - The rest of Tennents reign

Sandman - Got the DVD for Christmas so I’m getting around to rewatching, such a good show

Shadow & Bone - Season 1 - I bought the book recently so I had to watch before I read it. Pretty good, though I might take a break before bingeing season 2

Dead Boy Detectives - Season 1 - Sort of a Sandman spinoff, a fun one, but lacking some of Sandman’s magic

Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire - Not the best Godzilla Movie I’ve seen this year but still an enjoyable entry, though I missed the last one of this series.  I should get it.

Daybreakers - One of those films that take place in the near future (2019) after a vampire plague has wiped out most of humanity.  This one is very good, 

The Fall Guy - I remember the original series, and this has very little to do with it, but boy was it fun, This one will be a must buy when it comes out.

Dungeons and Dragons: Honor Among Thieves - Speaking of buying, I just picked this one up. 

IF - The right one this time, very much a kids movie, which obviously doesnt’ bother me, it was charming and fun, with a couple unexpected twists. 

500 MPH Storm - One of many disaster movies from Asylum Pictures, now I’ll put up with a lot from disaster movies, but this one was like they only filmed every second page of what might have been a script. And the special effects were….. laughably bad. This one made Sharknado look like a masterpiece, and I didn’t even bother finishing it.

Inside Out 2 - This was as fun as the first, I really did enjoy it and actually hope they make a couple more sequels

Eurovision Song Contest - the Story of Fire Saga - This really is my type of movie, though I resisted watching it as I’m not a fan of Will Ferrell's brand of comedy, but this was wonderful, I’m so glad I finally go around to it.

The Super Mario Bro. Movie - Finally got around to this one, it was fun and cute, but not one I’d worry about buying

Fly Me to The Moon - I usually enjoy Channing Tatum movies and this was no exception, it is a humorous look at the events around the moon landing, and a very enjoyable watch.

Twisters - Now the original Twister is one of my all time favourite movies, and this is actually a pretty worthy sequel I really enjoyed it.

Twisters  and Fly me to The Moon  - I liked them both so much I saw them twice

Deadpool & Wolverine - It was a ton of fun, and I love seeing Hugh Jackman back as Wolverine

Twisters - Yes again, I loved it and had friends that wanted to go




1 comment:

  1. I'm glad your still around after all - great work on the elephants, what an occastion it would be to have two big finishes in one year!
    I agree on Inside Out 2, it was a *tiny* bit repetitive compared to the first one, but there definitely is potential for a 3rd one at least!

    ReplyDelete