Saturday 27 February 2016

WIPocalypse and Chess

February’s WIPocalypse question is If you have any of your pieces on display in your home, which attracts the most plaudits? 

I have several on display but we don’t get a lot of company to comment on things, though I think the one that gets the most is the McGuire lake pattern made from my own photo by Pinky. We have fun with it as most people think it’s a photo until we tell them to look close.


Nothing like curling to spur on finishes, Magical’s ornaments are now stitched up to July, still waiting on charms to finish them completely. Might have to revise my plans as they don’t seem to be arriving any time soon. I had my friend order them from the shop I originally got them in and he hasn’t heard back from them yet.
Also I completely finished the lovely Chess mini pillow from Sheena Rogers book, Mini Cushions in Cross Stitch.  And what a joy this pattern was, Me being me, of course I used black fabric and then changed all the colours, which she encourages in the book. The orange and yellow are random floss of unknown origin, and the variegated floss is Cosmo 8079, this is the first time using Cosmo and it’s lovely stuff. This little pillow will serve as my entry to the Stitching Pirates Gaming contest which I can’t win on anyway as I’m a judge, but it’s still fun to play.





As for what I watched.
Critical Role Ep 43

Game the Game - Above and Below - This one looked fun.

Shadowhunters  Ep 5-6

The Lizzie Bennet Diaries Ep 48-100 plus spinoffs  - Such a wonderful thing,
so glad I found it.







Sense8 - Ep1- 4 Another Netflix series, a group of people around the world are psychically connected, just started but good so far.

Emma - The Gwenyth Paltrow version, light-hearted and fun.

The Scott Tournament of Hearts - Canadian women’s curling championship.

5 comments:

  1. Cannot possibly tell you how utterly beautiful the pillow is and doing the ornaments on black is such a great idea!
    Sense 8 IS AWESOME, but Critical Role is far superior hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But I can't just watch CR over and over and over again, ,must have some variety

      Delete
  2. Hi Nancy, your WIPs are so nice! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pillow! Sense 8 has been in my queue for awhile, I'll have to check it out soon.

    ReplyDelete