Monday 22 August 2016

Olympic WIPocalypse

I am obsessed with the Olympics, always have been, seriously, I wrote a paper on it in grade two, Okay maybe it was three sentences about my favorite thing but still...so the WIPocalypse Olympic challenge was perfect for me. I chose #2. a distance challenge (for those one at a time stitchers, or anyone else who wants to do some serious focusing on a particular piece) in hopes of finishing the angel for my sister-in-laws birthday, and it was a success, I did finish during the closing ceremonies, probably would have been quicker but I'm easily distracted by the games.  I still have to finish finish her, but here she is in all her glory.
So many beads

















The August question is  - Have you ever read any fictional books that involve embroidery?  If so, give us some recommendations?  I can't think of any off hand, but I've read a lot of regency romance so it's likely I've come across it numerous times.

There is no what I watched this time as all I've watched was Olympics




5 comments:

  1. Nancy, your angel is very beautiful - you deserve an Olympic Gold medal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful angel! Glad you had fun during the olympics ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your angel is gorgeous! Who is the designer? Great finish!

    ReplyDelete