Friday 10 March 2017

Mini Milestones

I know it's still winter, but really, it won't stop snowing, you'd think I lived in Canada or something, (for those that don't know, I live in Canada)
So I have a couple mini milestones on my stitching this week, I started and finished page one of The Fractal and am now onto page 8 which I'm getting close to half way through
I've got to find a better place to get pictures of this thing. 


Also I finished the outline on Canada 150 and now all I have to do is fill it in,
Also I found out there is going to be an extra prize at the fair for most patriotic, of which this shall probably do me well, However I am also considering doing a Vimy Ridge sampler that I found as it is also the 100th anniversary of the battle, If I keep going I'm going to have a chunk of entries for the fair this year.

As for what I watched

Fan art of the Raven Queen and Vax'ildan
 by advocatingAvian
Critical Role, Talks Machina and Table Top - Critial Role - the show that makes me cry, sometime with sadness, sometimes with laughter and sometimes that’s all within the same hour.

Shadow Hunters S02 Ep 08-09

Lion - I went to La La Land because it was a musical, I went to Hidden Figures because Tumblr made me aware of the women in it and I wanted to know more.  I went to Lion because it was advertised at the other two and looked interesting, and it was so good.


Tangled - So this cute Rapunzel movie reminded me of two things.  One, the lovely Mucha  Make it Pink pattern and, two, Disney does the best horses they are so intelligent and snarky.

Tarzan - The Disney animated one, not one of my favourites but a good way to pass time,  However song wise this is probably second only to Lion King for me, love the Phil Collins/Marc Mancina soundtrack

Blade Runner - Our local college has a movie course where each year they study a different theme, this winter it’s dystopian movies, and they show them at the theatre and it is open to the public, thus allowing me to see this on the big screen for the first time.

The Brier (Canadian Men’s Curling Championship) - since B.C. has been
eliminated, I am now rooting for Newfoundland & Labrador

2 comments:

  1. Great progress! The fractal is moving so quickly and I just LOVE how the Canada one looks on that rich fabric.

    Is the Shadow Hunter show any good? I'm still reading the books, but I'm unsure whether to watch it afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoy Shadow Hunters, it's much better than the movie was, but it is very, very, VERY different from the book. More inspired by than anything.

      Delete