Sunday 6 January 2019

WIPocalypse 2019 - The Beginning

I love this SAL , if it wasn't for WIPocalypse I'd never remember to blog at all, so this forces me to update at least once a month in the most enjoyable way possible.

So the first question of the year is :

Introduce yourself, your projects, and any goals you have for the year!

Hi, I'm Nancy, I'm that weird beast known as a one-at-a-time stitcher, well two at a time really, but I have no UFO's.  I very rarely set something aside to work on something else, it's only happened when I need a gift or something for the fair.  So I live in a two story house and have a small project upstairs that I work on during Jeopardy and curling and any movies that I watch with my parents.  Downstairs is where the BAP lives, cause that's where I watch movies and Netflix and most importantly Critical Role.
At present my small is a Polar Bear Mill Hill kit, and my BAP is Mr Tumnus
from Cross Stitch Gold Magazine,  It's a smaller than usual BAP for me, but when  I finish him, I'll be moving on to Angel of the Harvest,
which at 12"x15" is more my usual size. She is my oldest pattern, the first thing I bought that wasn't a kit around 10 years ago, it's about time she got done.
That is actually my only plan for this year stitching wise, I have other travelly plans been planned, more on that when they actually get planned. Also waterfalls, every year has plans for waterfalls
Also I keep track of what I'm watching on this blog, mainly when stitching, but also things I went to see at the theatre

So as for what I watched


Critical Role: and Talks Machina 

The Librarians S3 E01-05

The Scarlet Pimpernel - This has been filmed a ton of times, but my favorite is this, the Anthony Andrews - Jane Seymore movie from the 80’s while they deviate from the books some, they characters are true to the story far more than other versions.

Silk Stockings - Watching Fred Astair and Cyd Cherisse is never a bad way to spend and afternoon, this is a musical remake of Ninotchka and while not the best musical out there it is certainly amusing.


Mary Poppins Returns - This was charming and exactly what it should be, the perfect movie to start the year with. Also I loved Lin-Manuel Miranda, he looked like he was having so much fun.

5 comments:

  1. I eagerly await the start of your beautiful angel although I am loving Mr. Tummus. Seriously, who can poo poo Narnia??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nobody, that's why Narnia got the fancy sparkly fabric

      Delete
  2. If your stitching goes as well as it did last year, you might be able to finish both Mr Tumnus AND the Angel! Isn't that exciting?!
    I was very skeptical about Mary Poppins Returns, but the trailer actually looked good...now I think I might like to go and see it, I only need to get Felix to watch the first one with me. Can you believe he's never watched it before?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that Angel is a sister to one you bought recently.
      I can't believe that, what a hole to have in your education.

      Delete
  3. I was able to change my settings so everyone can reply to me meow! That was so silly to not be able to get replies!

    ReplyDelete