Sunday 30 August 2020

August WIPocalypse

 This strange year just keeps getting stranger, due to staffing issues I've had to work graveyard shifts on weekends all month which means I've spent all of August being tired.  That however did not stop the stitching in fact I had a really good stitching month.
But first the question of the month, which is.
Have you participated in any of the mystery SALs on Facebook (or other social media)? What do you think makes a successful mystery SAL?
I'm not sure if the one pattern a month thing is considered a mystery SAL if so I've done a couple of them, though neither of them were called a mystery so probably not.  I have done a couple teenie tiny mystery SAL's both from Tumblr and really enjoyed them. but it's not something I go looking for.  I like my big projects but the tiny's tend to be a fun distraction when I come across them,  The two I did were from Sh*tpost Sample and Mathysphere. The Mathysphere one in particular was fun as the pattern pieces were all puzzles.
I had a couple projects this month, a continuation of the Birds and Blackworks flower SAL

And also this little piece called Frogs from Sh*tpost Sampler (I've been doing a lot of their stuff lately




As for what I watched - I have to give up putting the movie posters in the what I watched.  Blogger has changed it's settings and adding pictures has become a right royal pain in the ass.

Critical Role

Under the Dome S01 E04-E13
End of first season, I’m enjoying this one

Camelot S01- E01 My brother lent this to me, and while good notsomething I’m in the mood for at the moment, I’ll pick it up again later

Blindspot - S01 E01-13 Honestly I just bought this our of curiosity cause I wanted to see Ashley Johnson in the role that stole her from Critical Role, but I'm really enjoying it and just ordered Season 2

The World’s Toughest Race - Eco-Challenge Fiji - These were a thing nearly 20 years ago that I really enjoyed, so glad it’s returned, highly american and sob story centric of course, but the race and scenery is amazing.

Grease - I mean what can you say, it’s a classic for a reason, light-hearted if very dated story line and amazing music. The songs will stay in your head for days.

Short Circuit - A fun movie from the 80’s I remember seeing this when I was a kid and loving it, and it showed up in the Walmart bargain bin so why not.  A war machine robot gets hit by lightening and gains adorable sentience, 80’s style hi-jinks ensue and this holds up surprisingly well.

Grease 2 - This one has a bad reputation over the original, it’s deserved, it really can’t hold a candle to Grease, but that been said I still really enjoy it even if the supposed 60’s look a lot like the 80’s

Yesterday - I think this was my favourite movie of last year

LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring - Our theatre has been showing random movies since they reopened, like Grease, Harry Potter etc.  But this is the one that drew me back, had to see this masterpiece on the big screen again.

Gosford Park - An Upstairs/Downstairs British mystery movie with an amazing cast.

Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants - This is technically a teen movie but there is a lot of depth to it.

LOTR - The Two Towers - I’m so happy to be able to see the Battle of Helm’s Deep on the big screen where it belongs.

The Greatest Showman - This one just makes me happy.

Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants 2 - A solid sequel dealing the girls becoming young adults and 
growing apart.

Spider-man: Into the Spider-Verse - Wow this was smart and well written and beautiful to look at and to top it all off it had great music as well.  Why did I wait so long to see this, stupid me.

LOTR - The Return of the King - It's just so good. Especially in a theatre.

Riverdance - The 1995 original, I bought this because I saw it in an Irish Store and it seemed like my kind of thing, before it hit PBS and have loved it ever since.


3 comments:

  1. This bird is lovely, I love a lot this pattern and the colors. Under the dome is great... I stitched a snowglobe this month so I'm right in the theme ;). xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stitchin! Love the birdie and the frog. Spiderverse was so fun, and I did like Yesterday. Now I want to watch the LoTR movies again...it's been too long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for taking the time to share this

    ReplyDelete