Thursday 30 July 2020

June and July WIPocalypse

Anyone remember when I used to do these blogs once a week, now if it wasn't for WIPocalypse reminding me to blog once a month I would forget altogether.  Even then June somehow got away on me.  So June's Question 
Half-year recap:  How are you doing with your goals so far this year? Really well actually, I decided to work on a bit more than just one big and one small at a time because I was also doing the Birds and Blackwork Flowers SAL and had a few other smalls I wanted to do, and that's been working out fairly well, I dedicate the first week of the month to the SAL the second to a random small and then work on The Lion King for the other couple weeks, Lion King will take longer that way, but I am getting cute small stuff done
June SAL
This was a Dimensions kit that was a gift from my brother
July SAL


Quick little gift thing

The Lion King

July Question 
What new charts or designers are catching your eye this year? 
I've really developed a fondness for Shitpostsampler this last little bit. They were the source of New Plan in my last blog and I have another one of theirs that I will start in the next month or two

As for what I watched

Critical Role: and Talks Machina  








Jack Ryan S1 E 4-6 And at this point I gave up, It’s wasn’t bad but it wasn’t really Jack Ryan, and the story didn’t make me care about anyone enough to continue

Doom Patrol S1   My brother lent this to me, this was fun though it tends to be very brash and loud, but consumed in small doses

                                                                      Under The Dome - S1 E01-  - I watched the first episode of this when it was on TV but never got back to it until now, so far so good.

Glory Road - I watch these in alphabetical order so it was so watching a movie about the first all-black starting line for a colledge basketball team at this time in history was purely coincidental, also I love sports movies almost as much as I love disaster movies. 


The Golden Compass - It’s good enough that it made me want to read the books when I saw it in the theatre, but I feel like they spent more time and money on finding the stellar cast than they did on making a coherent storyline.  I am highly curious about the new HBO series though, wonder what it’s like.






Godzilla and Godzilla, King of the Monsters - I’ve really enjoyed this last version of Godzilla fun and an actual storyline with plenty of room for a bunch of sequels.









Hamilton - This was worth getting Disney Plus for, however it just made me want to see it live even more

The Truman Show - I don’t know how many times I’ve watched this show, it’s so brilliantly written, and the music is spectacular







Knives Out - This was a really satisfying  murder mystery with lots of twists and turns and a great cast

Good Will Hunting - When this movie came out in ‘97 I had no desire whatsoever to see it, but it was movie night with friends and not my turn to pick. It blew me away then and still does to this day. 






Slumdog Millionaire  - I bought this recently, sight unseen, as my brother told me I would like it. He was right .


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful finishes. You have a nice variety of projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I loke your new rotation! The SAL is stunning and it must be nice to get a couple smalls done. And the Lion King is still making great progress!

    ReplyDelete