Saturday 30 May 2020

May WIPocalypse

May seemed both long and short, I don't know the last few months have just being weird, seemed like a good time to treat myself to something I've wanted for years, to make up for all my 2020 vacation plans being cancelled. Behold! Swords

The Question of the month is Tell us about a piece that you absolutely loved stitching.
That would be my beloved Stroke of Midnight by Theresa Wentzler, There is so much detail to this and it took me two year and I adore her.

My projects this month include some more work done on The Lion King

Another bird from the Bird and Blackwork SAL by Lesley Teare

And this thing  from ShitPostSamplers I saw this pattern during the time at work we called hell week, that crazy time when every one "needed" all the toilet paper and bread. it made me laugh so hard that I had to stitch it.

As for what I watched

Critical Role: and Talks Machina 
Legends of Tomorrow S1 - At some point I’ll watch all the CW DC shows in order, but this is not that time, I got this one as a gift and wanted to see if I liked it enough to buy it all - I do.

Jack Ryan - S1 - Ep 1-3 No surprise that I had to give this a try, I’ve loved
the character of Jack Ryan since The Hunt for Red October Came out.



Upload - Season 1 - The trailers for this series made me interested despite the
fact that it seemed to be billed as a sitcom (which I don’t like) so I geave it a try, turned out to be a pretty solid mystery with a good cliffhanger ending. I’m looking forward to Season 2 if there is one.

Guys and Dolls - There seems to be a lot of musical in “G” and this is the first, Don’t quite know how Marlon Brando ended up in this with Frank Sinatra but he does a marvellous job.

By Jeeves - Another one from Andrew Lloyd Webber and the Shows Must Go On,  I’ve never heard of this one before which is a shame because it was awesome, and full out farce of a comedy instead of his usual high drama stuff, I adored this.

Gattaca - I’ve always loved this one and it’s hard to believe it’s already over 20 years old.  And as the science fiction in it becomes closer to reality it gets scarier and scarier.  Basically it’s a really smart sci-fi with a murder mystery wrapped in it,  also the first movie I ever saw Jude Law in, I’ve been a fan ever since.

Bedknobs and Broomsticks - Just got it on DVD so had to rewatch, it is now and always will be brilliant.

Great Big Sea - The Great Big DVD - Just a concert of my favourite band, wonderful background to learning how to clean the
VCR.

Geostorm - Solid disaster movie with a side of political intrigue.



3 comments:

  1. Nice stitching, love the bird and blackwork and the "new plane is really great! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your TW finish is amazing & the new one gave me a laugh too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did deserve those swords! The year is crazy, no use in us going there too.
    Great stitching, love the birds, but The Lion King seems to be in it for the long run!

    ReplyDelete