Thursday 30 April 2020

April WIPocalypse

This month has probably being just like most peoples, I go to work, I come home and I stay away from people, which actually is what I do even when the world doesn't demand it.
The Question of the month is Talk to us about your longest-running WIP or UFO.
That would be this Dimensions kit I started it on January 1st during the 39 hour power outage (maybe the weird start to the year was a sign) I had planned to work on it a lot during the curling but then all sports were cancelled, but now that the nights are a little later I can work on it during Jeopardy so it has got some love the last few weeks


I finished the April Bird from the Lesley Teare SAL and can't wait for May's

I also finished the Shadow Queen from  Make It Pink 

I also started a fun rude little stitch from Sh*tpost Samplers called New Plan that made me smile during the hell week at work when everyone was hoarding Toilet Paper and Baked goods, it's going to be my project to look back on to remember the insanity once we get back to some form of normal

I did get a little done on Lion King, but not enough to show off, 

As for what I watched

Critical Role: and Talks Machina  
Supernatural S14 E14-20 S15 1- 13  Okay I’m ready and waiting for the series finale
The Witcher - A pretty solid fantasy series I know none of the background of this but still thoroughly enjoyed it.

Step Up 2: The Streets - The romance and story of this one is pretty generic, but it does introduce some side characters that are in more of the movies especially Moose who really should have being the star at some point, he’s great.  On the other hand the final dance of this movie is flat out spectacular 

Step Up 3 - This one was far more about the dance than the story,  and could never quite decide who the main character was.  But great dance as always, my only complaint about this one is they brought back Alyson Stoner’s character from the first movie, kept the same name but completely changed her character and backstory.

Step Up: Revolution - I enjoyed this one so much I didn’t get much stitching done.  While it still had the obligatory generic romance, the rest of the story was pretty good and the dance scenes were truly stellar. I have one to go, but this is probably my favourite after the  original

Step Up: All In - Similar story to all the rest, but this one does manage to get at least one dancer from all the other movies, I loved it just like all the others, 

Saltimbanco - 25ish years ago I rented this on a rent 2 get one free deal and I grabbed this at random, so this was the beginning of my Cirque du Soliel obsession.  It’s amazing and still gives me chills. I did get to see it live about 10 years ago as one of the 9 I’ve seen live, was supposed to see Axel (my tenth) this year, but it’s been cancelled, sigh. 


The Phantom of the Opera - Live from Albert Hall - I love this thing the theatre are doing about putting plays on YouTube for free during the pandemic,  Phantom is special to me, it was the first big show I saw live well over 20 years ago, My only complaint about this particular production was that the chandelier did not fall or rise for that matter, other than that, this was glorious

Love Never Dies -  Sequal to the Phantom and I’m really not sure yet how I feel about it yet, but the music was glorious so I’ll leave it at that.

Twelfth Night - Another live stage show from YouTube, gotta love all of these.  This is my favourite play and this version did not disappoint, 

Goldeneye - This Bond movie have both Pierce Brosnon and Sean Bean, so it’s got a great cast, but I seem to have lost my taste for Bond in the last few years, I think this one gets given to Mom.


3 comments:

  1. Oh the April bird is so cute! Lovely work on your projects =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still amazed how your oldest WIP can be less than six months old! And I do love the birdie. Hope to see more of Lion King soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That April bird is so sweet, love the blackwork stitching and the stained glass look of the shadow queen. xxx

    ReplyDelete