Sunday 29 March 2020

March WIPocalypse - Title seems more apt than usual

I told myself I wasn't going to miss any months this year, that lasted one month oops.  Though in my defence the reason I missed February was because our whole family picked up a nasty (normal) flu, right at the end of the month, and I spent the end of February pretending to be a limp noodle.  So I have lots to show, though my upstairs stitch that usual gets a boost in March thanks to World Curling Championships, has not been touched, poor thing is sadly ignored at the moment thanks to the state of the world. 
So February question was In honour of “Leap Year,” tell the story of a time you had to make some sort of a “leap” in stitching – taking the chance on a new style of stitching, attending a meetup or class, etc.
This would have to be when I did the Vimy Ridge Sampler, I am for the most part strictly a standard cross stitcher, but I really wanted to do this piece for the fall fair that year and took a chance that I would figure all the other types of stitches out.  It was so much fun.
March Question is  Have you ever adopted a piece from someone else or gave up a piece to someone else? Which piece and why?
And this one is short, because the answer is no, I never have.

So I have two months of stitching to show, and I seem to be in the mood for smaller stuff at the moment,  I'm a grocery store baker, so I haven't been isolating, though I have been able to stay at home more on my days off which is nice.  I'll start with the big one - Lion King, this one is going to be slower going than usual for me, since I already have my fall fair piece for this year I'm not in a rush, so I've distracted myself with smalls. 
Mathysphere had a quick little Pi day SAL from March 1st to 14th, a pattern a day, but the trick was all the patterns were puzzles,  math, crossword, and even origami, it was so much fun, though I did realized how much math skills I've forgotten
I'm also doing the Lesley Teare Birds and Blackwork SAL so here are the first three months of that. All taken in completely different lighting, oops, fabric colour is closest to the last pic


And one more project is  the Princess Peach Stained Glass Pattern from Make it Pink, the Shadow variation, thinking I might stitch four of these and make a tower.
As for what I watched

Critical Role: and Talks Machina 
Quests and Chaos - Pandemic Legacy Season 1 and 2 - Another streaming board game show, I wanted to watch Pandemic Legacy and tried several different ones until I landed on Quests and Chaos, I like their dynamic and will probably move on to some of their other board games.

Teen Wolf  S5-6  I really enjoyed this series, but I tend to enjoy supernatural dramas so not really a surprise,

Supernatural S14 E1-10  Somehow I managed to fall behind on my beloved Supernatural and I want to catch up before the series ends, which just became easier as they had to halt production while filming the second to last episode

Lara Croft: Tomb Raider:  Enjoyed it just as much this time, thisone is far superior to the Angelina Jolie version, Alicia Vikander                                                              gives Lara far more personality

The Dark Tower - I meant to see this when it was in theatres, but I failed, so Walmart's boxing day sale was handy.  I read the book umpteen years ago and don’t remember it much which is how I like it for movies, This was a solid supernatural adventure, nothing spectacular, but not a waste of time either.

The Spiderwick Chronicles - This is such a fun kids movie, I adore it every
time I watch it.


The Stand - Mini series from the 90’s of Stephen King’s book I remember watching all but the last part back then, so when I found this dead cheap at Walmart I figured it was work $3 to see how it ended, and it was.  Not a favourite but still a fun.

Onward - The latest from Pixar and as per usual it was great, so geeky in all the best ways.




Stardust - I love how Neil Gaimen twists stories, and I really need to read this book, I have it, I just haven’t got around to it yet.  Anyways, the movie is wonderfully charming and well done, I rather adore it.


The Sum of All Fears - Another I should read this book - movies, Though I have read and enjoyed several of the Jack Ryan books, I love all the Jack Ryan movies but none of them are particularly related to one another, They are such smart action adventure shows, also this one stars Ben Affleck and he’s a favourite of mine.


Step Up - A movie like this depends a lot on the final dance and this one delivers.  This is one of my all time favourite movies, the story is good to, a little more serious than the typical dance movie which is another thing that elevates this one.

4 comments:

  1. Love the blackwork pieces! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice stitchings, love the birds amazing patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely projects, the Lesley Teare birds are so beautiful & detailed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stitching! I especially love the blackwork SAL but am looking forward to progress on The Lion King as well.
    I really need to see Upward, but obviously, going to the cinema is on hold for now. Stardust is one of my favourite movies - I read the books a while back but actually enjoyed the cinematic version a little more!

    ReplyDelete