Sunday 3 January 2021

Once More Into the WIPocalypse - 2021 edition

 Well this year got off to a better start than last year so hopefully that's a sign of things to come.

I've been doing this SAL for a few years now and it's probably the only reason I remember to keep up this blog, so lets start it off. 

This months question is:

Introduce yourself, your projects, and any goals you have for the year!

Hi, the name is Nancy or if you search for me around the internet I lurk  her and there as Katjakay especially  on Deviant Art and Tumblr. I've been stitching for nearly 15 years now and have a tendency towards doing bigger projects, not HAED big (though I do have a couple patterns of theirs I just haven't done them yet) but usually over 8x10" 

Currently my WIP is The Lion King from the Disney Dreams Thomas Kinkade kit, and I've been working on it about a year, though not as steadily as I usual do, but I plan to finish it this coming year. 



 And that's it, I only have one WIP.  Sometime this year I hope to also do this lovely Shannon Christine design,


as I have the perfect red fabric for it, but I haven't got the beads for it yet, I might alternate weeks with Lion King or maybe one will be stitched during movies and the other during a series.  I don't know I'll figure it out sometime.

I'm also an avid photographer so don't be surprised if a waterfall or two show up sometimes.

The other thing I throw on this blog is what I've watched while stitching, a short list this time as the last blog was only a week ago.

As for what I watched

Critical Role

The Mandalorian  - Season 2 - all - This is such a good series can’t wait for more

Sleepy Hollow Season 2 Episodes 1-2 Still enjoying this series but I remember that season 2 wasn’t my favourite. 

Holes - A great movie technically for kids but has a twisting storyline that makes it fun for anyone

The House with a Clock in it’s Walls - This is an excellent kids movie great story, well acted and some cool special effects as well 

How To Train Your Dragon - I know I say it a lot, but this is an absolute favourite I could watch this over and over again and have.  Maybe it’s the very diluted Viking blood in me.


3 comments:

  1. The Shannon Christie design will look great on red fabric. I am currently watching Season 1 of Survivor (so interesting to watch 20 years later as some of the comments made by the contestants would never be allowed to shown now) and TraderVic and I are watching the Marvel Multiverse in chronological order of events (not making of films) - a really interesting way to watch them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice mix of projects - helps to keep things interesting. I found Shannon Christine Designs a year or so ago and love them - especially like the one you have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you made a lot of progress on the Lion King lately, I really wouldn't be surprised to see it finished this year! The Shannon Christie one is on my list as well, it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete