Wednesday 30 December 2020

December WIPocalypse - Wrap Up

To say this year was strange would be a bit of an understatement, after all it started with a power outage on New Years eve that lasted until the 2nd of January.  I guess that was just a precursor of what was to come.  I was luckier than most pandemic wise, in small town Canada there wasn't a lot of infection but certainly a lot of weird people paranoia. Social distancing didn't affect me much as I am a fairly solitary person anyway and since I am a baker my job only got busier.  I do miss going to movies though.  Mostly what this year did was cancel things.  Back in Febuary I had tickets to Denver Pop Culture Con, Cirque du Soliel's Axel, and a cruise to the Antarctic.  All of those went away,  hopefully the cruise will happen in 2022.  
I did get a lot of stitching done though after all they year had to be good for something, so here is where my progress is on the Lion King which I started in February, 

My big finish for the year was the Birds and Blackwork Flowers Sal from Lesley Teare 
And I did a lot of tiny things this year so here are all my finishes.
















As for what I watched

Critical Role

Blind Spot Season 2

Avatar the Last Airbender Season 1 - Just as good the 2nd time round

Bohemian Rhapsody - this one is just brilliant and joyful and the music is of course, divine

The Hobbit - Not as legendary as LOTR but still a fun watch 

Beauty and the Beast - The new one - which is a pretty note for note remake but Luke Evans makes a fabulous Gaston

Aladdin - Shhh don’t tell anyone, I prefer this remake to the original

High School Musical - All three - I know they are corny but they make me happy

Santa Clause 1 and 2 - I’m not actually that fond of three so I didn’t bother this year but 2 is my favorite

The Muppet Christmas Carol - Interestingly this one is really accurate to the book and also it is adorable

White Christmas - A must watch for the season

The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy - This one is just ridiculously  fun and whoever cast Alan Rickman as a depressed robot is a genius 

1 comment:

  1. You sure did a lot of stitching done in this crazy year! I love the masked Santa and snowman.

    ReplyDelete