Wednesday 7 April 2021

March WIPocalypse

This month's question What is your process for working on WIPs? Are you a one-at-a-time stitcher, a rotation stitcher, or something else?

I am very much a two-at-a-time stitcher, one big one and a random small, I used to do the small while watching Jeopardy but having enough light to stitch by was bothering my father's eyes and that is the one show we always watch together. So now my second project is done only on Thursdays, this is a new thing for me this year and seems to be working well

Second question is If you participated in it, please tell us how your One Month Challenge went! What did you work on, and did you accomplish what you’d hoped? 

I think this is the first time I've done this kind of challenge where I actually succeeded in stitching every day. Usually something interrupts the schedule, often a concert or show. which of course is why I succeeded, sighhhhhh I miss concerts. I worked on The Lion King and that is why I'm running late on this one. I wanted to reach the bottom of Lion King before I posted it and then was so excited to start at the top again that I didn't take an official progress pic and lost track of the month as well  So this is is a tad wrinkly


As for what I watched

Critical Role

Quest and Chaos plays Pandemic Legacy - I watch Season 1 and 2 a while ago but then they played Season 0 and I got hooked again so I’m back to watching them all (on Youtube)

White Collar  - Season 2

Quidam - Cirque Du Soliel - I wish they still put out DVD’s of their shows, I miss seeing them live, but this helps

The Indian In the Cupboard - A simple but sweet story about a boy who’s cupboard is magical and turns toys alive, in particular a plastic Indian who he becomes friends with.  I think it’s the music that keeps me coming back to this movie, the score is phenomenal.

If Looks Could Kill - A spy spoof from the early 90’s, this is a ton of fun. 

I Am Number Four - I watch this and think about finding the book, cause I’m sure there is a lot more story to this story, that been said this is still a decent teen sci-fi.

I, Robot - This one is such a solid sci-fi movie, interesting story, good special effects and really well acted,

Ice Age - Fun little animated movie, not stellar, but not a bad way to spend an hour, also Scrat is adorable

Inception - Twisty smart storyline, and great effects. 

The Incredibles - One of the best Superhero movies out there.

The Incredibles 2 - Also a smart Superhero movie that deals intelligently with everyday life

World Figure Skating Championships - Happy to see it come back though having no audience made me feel sad for the skaters. Especially the Swedish man who had the skate of his life on home soil, he deserved an amazing standing ovation and there was just scatter applause and silence.

The volcano in Iceland - It’s so interesting to follow a volcano from birth, I pop in and watch the live feed several times a day.



1 comment: