Friday 23 April 2021

April WIPocalypse

 I feel like April flew by, but also like I was in some sort of holding pattern waiting for something to happen,  I miss movies and concerts and going shopping in another town on a whim(which I almost never did, but the fact that I shouldn't just makes me want to) And I want to get my shot and B.C. has been slow about that and I NEED to get it so I can go on my trip in February if that actually happens.  Maybe today wasn't the best day to blog, I'm just feeling so blah about life.  But stitching is great so lets go to that 

April's question is: Have you found yourself to be more or less productive in your stitching during the Covid-19 pandemic. 

Probably more, though not by much I still have the same routine for before except for movie nights, in truth my life didn't change a lot, despite my rant above, I have always been a stay at home and stitch type person, no social gatherings for me. But I do miss being alone in a dark room with a bunch of people that love the same things I do, as long as I don't have to talk to them.

Stitching done this month is of course The Lion King and Mufasa has shown up 



And Winter Snowfall still gets love once a week and is coming along nicely



As for what I watched

Critical Role


Avatar the Last Air Bender  Season 2 

Arrow Season 1 I only ever watched about half of the first season when this
aired, the time it was on was all wrong for me so I just figured I’d buy it and watch it then, well I have all the seasons and am finally getting around to it, and it’s as good as I remember






Independence Day - My absolute favourite disaster/sc-fi movie - I love it when they start with people all over the place that eventually end up gathered to fight for a common goal and no movie does it better than this one.  It also has the best presidential speech in movies and possibly real life.






Independence Day: Resurgence - This is a worthy sequel, different enough to be it’s own movie but enough recurring characters that it’s obviously not forgot it’s origins






In Time - A smart twisty sci-fi action movie formulaic at times but a good concept and well acted, I watched this one first on Netflix but when I found it really cheap I realized it’s one I’d enjoy watching again, and it was.






International Velvet - When I was a kid - 40 years ago, our local theatre would play Saturday matinees, and they had around 20 movies they rotated, this was one of them, and for around five years Mom would drop me off at the movie and go shopping, or home, or sometimes come with me.  I never missed this movie when it played, not once, and to this day it still remains a favourite.  Given how few people I’ve met that have even heard of it, the show has a stellar cast, including Christopher Plummer and Anthony Hopkins.  Anyways this is a horse movie, and a coming of age movie and a movie about the Olympics, and I can almost quote it word for word.


3 comments:

  1. Love your projects, and I agree I miss doing the solitary things in group settings LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally get it! I don't muc miss doing things WITH groups, but things you are typically surrounded by groups for: Eating out, shopping, going to concerts and movies. At the same time I am deadly afraid of being surrounded by people now! It'll be some time before I'll be bale to enjoy these things again, I'm afraid.
    How are you liking Avatar? I can't remember if it's a show you've seen before. Can't say I've heard of International Velvet before, but it sounds like one I might like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my second watch of Avatar, but this time I have Legend of Korra to follow it.

      Delete