Friday 30 July 2021

July WIPocalypse

 This one will be short because the Olympics are on and I get obsessed and am not willing to spend spare time on the computer.

The question of the month is Have you ever attended a stitching retreat? If so, tell us about your experiences.

I have not, but it sounds like fun so maybe someday.

Due to my Olympics obsession I am doing the Olympics challenge and have, of course, chosen the Marathon – pick one piece, and dedicate yourself to progress on that single piece for the duration of the Olympics.

And at the halfway point of the games I am here on Winter snowfall



As for what I watched

Critical Role - Exandria Unlimited a summer mini series while they prepare for Campaign 3

Game of Thrones Season 1 - Such and epic start to the series.

Blind Spot Season 3 

The Pirate Movie - Back in the early 80’s Canada had a Movie Channel called Showtime, which like all movie channels of the time played the same movies over and over again.. This was one of them, and I watched it every chance I got. I still have the thing memorized. It’s a spoof on Pirates of Penzance with some of the original songs and some new ones, and it’s fun and hilarious and I adore it.

Pixar Shorts Volumes 1 & 2: Just what it says, a collection of the short films from Pixar, I prefer the ones that aren’t movie tie-ins, but they are all cute, and For the Birds is amazing.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl - When Disney first announced it was going to make a movie based on a ride, everyone thought it was a joke and would be horrible, instead they produced this cinematic masterpiece 

The Hidden - A low budget thriller from the late 80’s, and it’s a really smart one.

And of course the aforementioned Olympics 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I'm excited to see where your marathon stitching will take you too on this gorgeous piece!

    ReplyDelete