Friday 3 September 2021

August WIPocalypse

 I have a good reason for being a little late, I really wanted to finish Winter Snowfall which was my piece for the Olypmic marathon And I did, then I washed it and had a minor heartattack wehn the red fabric (which I had prewashed) ran, and made my lovely white stitches, pink.  Well a full day of soak rinse repeat got it back to where it should be and this and it's thousand plus beads was finished.  Haven't decided how to frame it yet, but I usually have to think about that for a while.

So here it is.

Winter Snowfall

12"x13.5" on 32 count Laguna

Pattern by shannonchristine.com 

Now it's back to Lion King which has been horribly neglected this month.  but I also have to find patterns for a new great nephew, and another great nephew on the way.  

The question of the month is Which of your project finishes made you the most proud? The most relieved?

Relived would have to be this Elephant baby announcement, for some reason it fought me the whole time. and it was so nice to be finished it. Luckily it was loved by the parents. 


Proud is a harder choice, I have a lot that I adore but I suppose I have to go back to Theresa Wentzler's Stroke of Midnight.  It's so detailed and beautiful and my mother, who I made it for and is a huge all things Cinderella fan, adores it. 



As for what I watched

Critical Role - Exandria Unlimited a summer mini series while they prepare for Campaign 3

Blind Spot: Season 3 - it looks like this is the last season I can get on DVD which is distressing

Avatar: The Last Airbender - Season 3 The Commentaries

Olympics - It’s an obsession

The Jungle Cruise - This one is a lot of fun, very reminiscent of 1999’s  The Mummy with a dash of The African Queen

Pirates of the Caribbean: 2,3,4, and 5. - I love the original trilogy with all my heart, I find four enjoyable but very forgettable, and 5 has some of the old magic, but still not quite up to the first three. 

Dune and Children of Dune - The TV miniseries and a really well done show, though not as flamboyant as the one from the 80’s.  Can’t wait to see the new one and compare.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the finish!1 It looks great and so glad you were able to get the pink out of the white thread. I don't wash my finished projects since i use a lot of over dyed and hand dyed fabrics. But I don't stitch in hand and have always had some kind of cover on the edges of my linen. I stopped washing after having an experience like yours, only it was a color bleeding onto a white aida - I think I used a bleach pen - probably not a good idea, but it worked. Love your Stroke of Midnight. Love TW, but haven't been brave enough to try to actually stitch anything by her. I have lots of charts, so maybe one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I know I've seen it before but that finish is GORGEOUS! So glad you got the staining removed, but it would still have been pretty in light pink I think.

    ReplyDelete