Sunday 31 July 2022

I hate heat

 It's time for another WIPocalypse update this time for June and July 

But first may I complain that it's hot out, not scorching the eyeballs like last year but still over my comfort level of 25C so I'm hiding in the basement and stitching, and icing my knee since I hyperextended it and let me tell you that sucks, though the icing is nice to combat the heat

So the questions of the months :

June: Half-year recap:  How are you doing with your goals so far this year? I did well on the weekly rotation until about a month ago when I got tired of not finishing Lion King, which did time well with the focus month of July.  so I have put aside Bellatrix until I have a finish, unless I change my mind again




July: What five patterns do you really want to purchase (or start) right now?

Start: Waiting by Tilton Crafts

Life is a Dance by Unconventional Cross stitch

Buy: Fairytale Dragon by NonStopStitch
Falling Snow by Shannon Christine (to go with the one I did last year

Ace &Aro Pride Froggy by Studio Ansitru


As for what I watched


Critical Role EXU- Calamity - This Critical Role miniseries must be one of the best things they have ever done, it was amazing.

Blindspot - Season 5 - This was not planned but then I got an email from netflix saying it was taking Blindspot off June 14 so I had to watch it quickly. This is why I prefer to buy shows, then they can’t be taken away from me. Also I loved this show and now have to buy the last 2 seasons but so far I can only find them as region 2 shows, something that is happening a lot these days. Maybe I should just get a region free Bluray player

Game of Thrones Season 2 and 3 - At least I own all of these

Legend of Korra Season 3

Umm Actually - this a game show for nerds on YouTube, and like Jeopardy there is a lot of satisfaction in getting something right that the contestants got wrong.

Wreck it Ralph - Found this for $2 in a second hand bookstore and I had heard good things about it, very standard storyline, but it was super cute

Notting Hill - A quiet romance that in a twist follows the man’s side not the womans I’ve always enjoyed this one

The Name of the Rose - A twisty medieval murder mystery that is fascinating 

Thor: Love and Thunder, this one is very silly but fun and the  use of music is glorious.

Chasing Mavericks - This is a fictional movie about Big Wave surfing but it goes very nicely with one of my favourite documentaries, Riding Giants. Anyways it’s a good movie with great scenery

Nanny McPhee - It’s a wanna be Mary Poppins and doesn’t measure up to that glory, but it is fun in a lighthearted way

National Velvet - I’ve watched the “sequel” International Velvet many many many times, but this was the first time I’ve watched this one, and other than a few names and a very few plot points there is no connection between the movies.  In no way does that change that International Velvet is an absolute favourite, or that this one may become a new favourite, it was so good.

The Neverending Story 1 and 2 - Some children's movies have enough wonder and magic to appeal to adults as well, some don’t.  The first movie does and is a beautiful tale, the second I find rather boring, I got them as a set though otherwise I wouldn’t have bothered with the second, but my rule was to  watch all the movies I own. A rule I will break when I get to the Lethal Weapon series I’m sure as I thoroughly dislike 3 and 4

Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe , Prince Caspian, and the Voyage of the Dawntreader-  So Narnia was the first books I ever bought with my own money, I spent my saved up allowance for a boxed set at a second hand bookstore, I believe the set cost $11.  To this day it is still one of my favourite stories. And these latest movies do the books justice, there are some differences, but they do actually have the children the right age, most of the other productions have Peter, Susan and Caspian too young. Voyage is my favourite book and that still holds for the movies. 


1 comment:

  1. Great stitching, I'm sure now that you are focusing on LK only you'll finish it in no time! And maybe be able to start one from that list of yours? Personally, I love the fairytale dragon!

    ReplyDelete