Tuesday 10 January 2023

Hello 2023

 It's 2023 and it's going to be a good year, I insist on it. Mainly because this is the year I'm finally going on the trip that has been postponed twice.  But I have other plans as well. Let's start with the WIPocalypse Update, I'm not sure how long I've been doing WIPocalypse now, at this point it's probably the only reason I maintain this blog at all, so on to a new year we go

Question of the Month: Introduce yourself, your projects, and any goals you have for the year!

Hi, I'm Nancy and I live in western Canada  if you search for me around the internet I lurk here and there as Katjakay especially  on Deviant Art, Tumblr, and Instagram  I've been stitching for around 15 years now and have a tendency towards doing bigger projects, I am predominantly a one or two at a time stitcher and seldom rotate, I like to finish before I start something new.  I've strayed from that a little the last couple years which is why I'm starting my third year on The Lion King, but this will be the year I finish, I'm aiming for April


Other projects I have planned is to finish Bellatrix


and to start the Gothic Cathedral Temperature stitch. I'm already keeping a record of the temps this year.

I'm also thinking of putting aside a week each month to do a Mill Hill ornament, I want to give them away at Christmas I did finish one already this week 


The other thing to know about me is that when I started this blog in November of  2013 I also started watching every movie I own in alphabetical order, but starting at each end and working towards the middle, I will also finish this this year, possibly also in April and it is the source of  the What I Watched section of this blog

As for what I watched

Critical Role

Bridgerton Season 1 - This was a lot of fun and while it differs greatly from the books it still maintained the feel of the series.

Legally Blonde 1 and 2 - The first is the best by far, it has such a good sense of humour,but they came as a set so I had to watch both cause that’s my rules

Ladyhawke - So here I am in the middle of the “L’s” and I only have Ladyhawke, one of my all time favourite movies on a very old and faded VHS. It seemed like the perfect time to replace it with DVD, but none was to be found, apparently it is only available in North America, on Blu-ray - so did I buy myself a blu-ray player just so I could own a better copy of Ladyhawke - you bet I did. 


2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back for another year! Wouldn't it be grand if you finished those two big projects and also all these ornaments? And the movie project too (oh, I fully approve of the BR player, how could a movie geek like you survive this long without one?). Maybe it will really be a great year - in fact, I'm insisting on insisting with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I am joing in WIPocalypse, I admire your ability to stitch a project at a time! Excited to see your stitching work and your upcoming trip!

    ReplyDelete