Saturday 28 January 2023

January, bleak and drear

 It's a day early for the WIPocalypse but for good reason, tomorrow I leave on my TRIP. I have taken along a little Mill Hill kit, but I don't expect much stitching to get done, as I've never managed to stitch while on a moving vehicle, I like to spread out to much. And I suspect once I get on the cruise ship I'll be doing other things, but you never know I might have a quiet night here or there.


The question of the month is: If you have been to retreats, what are your must-bring items and supplies?

I have never been to a retreat but it sounds fun, so I shall watch for everyone else's answers to find out what to bring when I get to one

I've made quite a bit of progress on Lion King and now I set him down till March, and then maybe finish him.



As for what I watched

Critical Role and the first 6 episode of Legend of Vox Machina season 2

Bridgerton Season 2 - I do love how they have done this series, can’t wait for season 3 to come out

Avatar: The Way of Water - This movie was so pretty but I suspect the plot will be fairly forgettable for me, like the first one one, but so pretty

Jurassic World: Dominion - I know this one got panned, but I liked it, it’s a solid entry to the series and I really enjoyed the melding of the Park and World characters. 

Les Girls - I adore Gene Kelly and this is perhaps my favourite of his, it’s a story told three times with three different viewpoints as a former dancer sues one of her old roommates over a tell all book, and the truth comes out in flashbacks with lots of great music.

The Lion King - As always the first 5 minutes are worth anything to watch. This show is amazing and beautiful and obviously I’m talking about the original, accept no substitute (except the broadway musical, it’s pretty awesome too.)

Labyrinth - Why do some many good shows start with L, especially 80’s fantasies 


2 comments:

  1. Have fun on your cruise how exciting. nice progress for the month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you, I hope you have the BEST time on your trip! And then maybe the impeding finish on Lion King will help comfort you about if being all over in March.

    ReplyDelete