Thursday 30 November 2017

Ornament Time

I'll let you in on a secret, I love making Christmas ornaments, and this year I decided to lay down Fractal for November and December and just make fun Christmas stuff.  I fell like I've put aside Fractal a lot compared to most of my big pieces I'm not sure why, but I doubt it will continue. I will finish it next year I am sure.

The first ornaments I made were from a pattern I made last year.  I had wanted to make a Dala Horse for my father whose parents were from Sweden, and we have several of the little wooden horses around the house.  I had looked for patterns and found nothing that was right so made one myself and Dad loved it.  So this year I decided to make one for each of my siblings.  Here is where I oops a bit, I gave my brother his just after I finished and therefore the only picture I have of them is this little stampede of all three.  The one with blue was last years one for Dad.

My friend Pinky  has a monthly feature on her Deviant Art page and this month she was asking for cottages, I missed finishing this little thing by a day but it's still cute and my favourite use of variegated fabrics that I've done, this will probably be finished up and used for the Stitching Pirates Ornament Exchange, unless I whip up something else in the next 4 days. The pattern is from the Just Cross Stitch 2008 Christmas Ornament issue, which is perhaps my most used magazine to date, and the ornament is 3x3" and used 7 colours.

This is also a WIPopacalyse blog and this months question is

What finishing style have you never tried but would love to do?

I have tried a lot of things, making pillows is my favourite. I have never done a full quilting type finish which would be fun to try, but I don't know if I'll ever get around to that.

As for what I watched

Critical Role and Talks Machina 

Saga’s of Sundry - Madness - This really is the best thing on “TV” this year

Stranger Things 2 - S02 E01-09 -  Though this does come close,



Murder on the Orient Express - I know I’ve seen other versions of this, I knew who the murderer was but it’s been a long time and I didn’t remember why, and this spun the tale marvellously. Also the scenery was amazing.

Thor:  Ragnarok - I didn’t actually see the last Thor movie, but the trailers ofthis one were so good I couldn’t resist, which was smart of me as this was awesome




Flatliners - This was always a favorite or mine, and what a cast it has, Kevin Bacon, Julia Roberts, Oliver Platt,  Keifer Southerland, so great.  Basically a group of medical students decide to kill themselves briefly to find out the secrets to death, instead there sins come back to haunt them.


1 comment:

  1. I enjoy your ornament time a lot, you always stitch up yo many cute things - your Dala horses are lovely!
    Personally, I didn't enjoy Thor as much is I thought I would. Maybe it suffered in the translation, but the jokes were just too flat (and too much) for my taste. I do enjoy the light humour of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but Ragnarok didn't quite hit the spot for my. I have high hopes for Infinity Wars, though!

    ReplyDelete