Sunday 5 November 2017

The Beginning of Everything

I'm only a week late for the WIPocalypse, But I had a busy weekend last week so this is as close as it gets.
The November question is How did you begin stitching?
This is a two part answer, first, I went to Micheals with some friends one day, and one of the group was a stitcher, so off we went to the stitching section where I saw the kit for Magnificent Wizard and fell in love, mind you it was around $60 and I had no knowledge of the craft and I'm not insane, so I just admired and forgot about it.  Fast forward a few years and I'm in a job with a lot of free time, I was bringing puzzle books to work on, but one of my co-workers brought knitting and I thought doing a craft at work was a great idea. At the time I did a lot of painting, which wasn't really that portable, or practical for a photo lab.  I remembered that amazing pattern, but was smart enough not to start there, but still I went and bought a " How to Cross Stitch" kit and never looked back,  I did eventually get to do my wonderful Wizard too.

It's November now which means I'll be going nuts doing ornaments for the next couple months.  Already got one finished, a lovely little Mill Hill kit.

But I haven't left behind Fractal, I'm partway through page 10 now

As for what I watched

Critical Role and Talks Machina  - The Vox Machina campaign is over, so until the start of the year everyone is taking turns at being DM and are having so much hilarious fun.

Geostorm - This one will come as no surprise to anyone, I go to all disaster movies, and it was a fun ride as disaster movies should be.

Skate Canada - Yay, figure skating season has begun

3 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, memories....I haven't done WIPocalypse in so long! I love your wizard. Look where you have been since then :D I have to admit that CR has definitely gone out of their way to make it so entertaining during their main game break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful memory!

    And Geostorm! I am part of a bad movie club, and we also watch all of the disaster movies we can (my favorite is San Andreas for fun and The Wave for being plain excellent). My flight back to town was late so I missed Geostorm, but I plan on watching!

    Your wizard is beautiful. The wreath is very cute and congrats on your fractal progress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wizard truly is magnificent! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your ornament stitching.

    ReplyDelete