Thursday 18 April 2019

Late and VERY late

This is not an early April WIPocalpyse update, but rather a late March, and really really late February update, not sure how that happened, but while I wasn't blogging, I was finishing things, so here we go.

February Question of the Month :  What do you listen to while stitching?
This one is easy, I watch things while stitching, all sorts of things, which are listed in my What I watched section of this blog

March Question of the Month:What newer designers and product creators (fabric or floss dyeing, etc) out there have you discovered and recommend?
I haven't done a lot of discovering lately, but I recently found a great designer on Etsy, called tinykiwiPrints

So as stated I finished things in the last couple months, first the Polar Bears from a Mill Hill kit that I believe was a gift from Carla. 

Next a little baby thing for my cousins new little girl, this was frankensteined together from a Riolis pattern, a random violet freebie and alphabet from Peacock and Fig

And finally one of my favorite things I've ever done, while not as big as some, just 9X12 this is called Mr Tumnus, and is from the scene where Lucy met Mr Tumnus in The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, which is one of my all time favorite books, I even used my fanciest opalescent fabric from Silkweavers for it.  And sparkled it up even more with a bit of metallic floss to make the iconic lamppost extra special

As for what I watched


Critical Role: and Talks Machina 

The Librarians Season 4 - Final Season - I admit that this was probably the weakest season for me, but still a great series.

Saga’s of Sundry - Dread, and Madness - The site these were on is going away so I had to watch them one final time.

The Sword and the Stone - This is a strange Disney one, it’s not really about much but it’s cute.



Spartacus - Gods of the Areana- The prequel series to Spartacus and the only one I haven’t watched before, it’s mainly about Gannicus and the rise of Crixis and is as wonderful as the rest of the show.

Showboat - Gotta love a Howard Keel musical, this one is a bit more serious than some but still, good story great music and “Old Man River” can’t go wrong



The Saint - The Val Kilmer one, not sure what the thought process was on hiring him, but it a decent heist movie if you are in the mood to turn off your brain, there are a lot of holes in this plot.

Steep and Deep - I think this was the very first Warren Miller movie  I saw, they all follow the same formula, dry humour and great scenery, that has kept me watching them for years, this one is from 1985



How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World - I loved the first two movies and the third did not disappoint in the slightest, so much fun and really pretty as well

Stomp Out Loud - An HBO special on the musical group/show Stomp where they hit random things rhythmically, it’s awesome




She’s All That - A very typical teen rom/com, popular boy makes bet that he can make outsider girl prom queen.. But with a brilliant cast which I suppose is why it works

Sidekicks - This is a weird little fun movie,  a boy dreams about having adventures with Chuck Norris as his Sidekick while dealing with bullies at school, \





Shakespeare in Love - Everything about this movie is right, the romance, the drama, the comedy, and as a bonus it always makes me want to watch Twelfth Night

Someone Like You - I don’t think I bought this one, I think it came from someone else’s giveaway pile and I took it wondering if I’d like it better the second time around (sometimes that happens) But nope, as much as I adore Hugh Jackman I cannot get into this RomCom, This one goes in the go away pile.



Staying Alive - I never liked Saturday Night Fever, but I always enjoyed this sequal, though I don’t think it has all the much to do with the first, it’s  fairly typical trying to make it on Broadway dance movie. Which is a genre I love so yeah.

Captain Marvel - The hype was correct, this was a great movie.

1 comment:

  1. Great finishing! I love the smalls and Mr Tumnus looks awesome, the fabric is perfect. What are you working on next?
    The Sword in the Stone was one of my favourite Disney movies when I was a child, so you saying it isn't really about anything confuses me slightly. But I haven't watched it in more than a decade, so I might well remember things wrong :D

    ReplyDelete