Monday 27 May 2019

May, and April too

You would never believe that I used to blog once a week, now it seems I only manage every second month, which means of course that I'm doing two WIPocalypse's at a time again,
May's question is  -  Where do you love to shop for stash?
I have a local quilting store that carries some cross stitch stuff and they are wonderfully nice people, but for patterns I usually hit Etsy, there is a world of fun there
April's question was - Talk to us about your longest-running WIP or UFO.
Hmmmmmm maybe this is why I missed April, I don't really have one.  The longest running WIP is the Angel of the Harvest that I started in April, and I don't have any UFO's, I'm strange, I know this.

So here is the aforementioned Angel, this was the very first non-kit pattern I ever bought and it was more difficult than I was ready for at the time, so it got put away and kind of forgotten until I started to put together THE LIST.  Funny thing, when I got it I thought is was so big and difficult but these 10 years later it seems both easy and quick and a lot smaller than I thought it was,


I've also started a new baby thing for a nephew's new boy, the pattern is adorable and from TinyKiwiprints on Etsy

As for what I watched


Critical Role: and Talks Machina 

 Shadowhunters - Season 1  Now that the series is ending, I’m starting from the beginning again

The Slipper and the Rose - An unusual retelling of Cinderella, like most this is a musical and utterly beautiful, perhaps my favourite version

Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure - I don’t usually like silly movies like this, but I’ve always enjoyed Bill and Ted, maybe it’s because unlike most of these “stupid men” movies, Bill and Ted are always kind.





Strike - A girls school in the sixties finds out it’s going co-ed, the girls at the school don’t appreciate not being given a say in this.  This seems to be an underrated movie that most people don’t know about despite a stellar cast. It’s very well written and well done in general.

Bill and Ted’s Bogus Journey - More of the same and just as fun as the first.

Ant-man and Wasp - Catching up on Marvel movies before Endgame. Don’t know why I always miss the Ant-Man ones in theatre they are fun






Avengers: Infinity War - Pre Endgame catch up

Avengers: Endgame - A very satisfying end to the chapter,

San Andreas - It’s a big budget disaster movie, of course I love it







The Blue Planet - I adore this type of nature series, the only downside is David Attenboroughs soothing voice that likes to put me to sleep

School of Rock - I’m not much of a fan of Jack Black, but this one is a lot of fun, and the kids in it are great

The Story of Seabiscuit - About what you would expect from a horse movie from 1949, It is really more of a light romance for Shirley Temple, but still it’s a cute movie, and uses actually footage of the real races.

2 comments:

  1. Your making great progress on your angel! It feels like I never get to see your stitching anymore except for these posts, so I'm always impressed by how far you got.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely progress on your angel! I have that same issue with Blue Planet... gorgeous images, but perhaps too soothing.

    ReplyDelete