Saturday 28 September 2019

Welcome to Autumn

I have to say, for me it's been a perfect summer, lots of rain, cooler temperatures and no smoke filled skies, which is rare the last decade or so.  Hopefully fall will make me just as happy.

The September WIPocalypse question is What finishing style have you never tried but would love to do?
While I have tried (once) the hoop finish I would like to do that more and get a lot better at it, also I don't think I've done a full 3D finish either which seems like fun.

The only update I have this month is on the Angel, my backup piece always gets abandoned in summer when Jeopardy is in reruns, so I've just recently started on it again, so it will get an update next month.

As for what I watched
Critical Role: and Talks Machina 

American Gods - Season Two - It’s weird and strange and fun, just like anything by Neil Gaiman

The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance - Wow, just WOW The original movie was one of my childhood favourites and this is everything it should be.

Simple Irresistible - This is an incredibly strange rom/com dealing with a heroine that cooks her emotions into her food thereby becoming a great chef due to a magic crab/lucky earrings/guardian angel.  All while finding the love of her life.  It makes no senses, and I adore it, there’s something so lovable about this one.

Singin’ in the Rain - I grew up on musicals, and Gene Kelley is my favorite, so this is one of my all time loves as movies go.  It’s fun, it’s funny the music is great and the dancing is awesome, and in a rare event for romantic musicals it has a great story line.

It: Part 2 - I don’t really do horror, but  I have a soft spot for this book due to a great friend when I was a teenager (when the book first came out).  The movie is good, though I did find it a little rushed, a strange thing to say about a 3 hour long movie,  but so many good parts from the book were skipped, and now I want to read it again,

Sky High - This one seems really underrated, it’s a Disney movie about  the children of Superheroes and the High School they go to , it seems generic but instead it has solid characters and an interesting villain plot, Also this is the movie that gave me a soft spot for Stephan Strait, who played the character with the awesome name of Warren Peace

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow - More style than substance, but a pretty cool movie, it’s a pulp novel style story, alternate history, evil scientist, killer robots, what have you, designed to look like a late 30’s film reel.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful progress on your angel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your angel! I'm sure I had that pattern at one time but for the life of me I can't find it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your angel is coming along so nicely, I guess you're all set to finish her before long!
    Sky High sounds like fun. I've never heard of it but will need to keep my eyes out for this one.

    ReplyDelete