Saturday 23 November 2019

All the Finishes

So once again I skipped a month, but I had a good reason, the end of October was Skate Canada close enough for me to go to, and go I did and had an amazing week. And then I came home and concentrated on finishing the Angel, which I did
and since that got done, I finished the baby thing as well.
 I am at the moment, not working on anything.  That will change in a couple hours when I start making ornaments. December is always a month of smalls

The WIPocalypse question for October was: Do you prefer to stitch on a rotation or one project at a time?
I am very much a one (or in my case two) project at a time stitcher, I'm not sure how rotation people do it, but they probably wonder about people like me also.

The WIPocalypse question for November is: What new stitches or techniques did you learn this year?
Actually nothing comes to mind for this one, maybe one of the December ornaments will have something for me to learn.

As for what I watched
Critical Role: and Talks Machina 

Carnival Row - Season 1 - This brilliance makes getting the Amazon Prime Membership worth every penny,  A historical murder mystery taking place in an alternate world where fae are refugees, It has a solid mystery and political intrigue and even a decent love story, and yet more proof that Orlando Bloom is always better in a period piece.

Teen Wolf  Season 1 - 3 I’ve previously watched the first three seasons and for a teen show from MTV it is better then it has any right to be, I own all of it now so I’m starting from the beginning and enjoying the whole thing, and am about to start the new parts.


The Skulls - I’m a huge fan of Joshua Jackson and this one was obviously made to due to his fame on Dawson’s Creek (it was made while he was on the show) but for a it’s type  this is better than it has any right to be.

The Skulls 2: It has decent moments, but  this is essentially a low budget rehash of the first movie,




The Skulls 3 - Same story as the other two, but with a woman instead, all these three movies really do is say that if you are in a secret society you will end up involved with murder.

Sleeping Beauty (Disney) - This is it, my all time favourite movie I love
everything about this, the original Tchaikovsky score, the slightly darker storyline than the usual Disney at the time, the gorgeous animation and most especially Maleficent, the best movie villain accept no substitutions, especially not that watered down version of the new movies that seem to forget that she’s a freaking DRAGON.

Sneakers - A great heist movie from the early 90’s, so the technology is massively outdated, but that doesn’t stop the story from being good, there are a lot of interesting twists and turns in this one


Sound of Music - I mean, it’s a classic for a reason, beautiful music, cinematography and story, also, Julie Andrews is my Queen.

1 comment:

  1. You did so well finishing both of your WIPs, and I can't wait to see your ornaments!
    I also don't know how you dod without starting EVERYTHING, but I do admire you for it.
    And I've been meaning to watch Carnival Row some time, good to know it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete