Sunday 5 January 2020

New Year, New WIPocalypse

I love this SAL , if it wasn't for WIPocalypse I'd never remember to blog at all, which when I think of it, this blog is my WIP far more than my stitching is.

So the first question of the year is :

Introduce yourself, your projects, and any goals you have for the year!

Hi, I'm Nancy, I'm that weird beast known as a one-at-a-time stitcher, well two at a time really, but I have no UFO's.  I very rarely set something aside to work on something else, it's only happened when I need a gift or something for the fair.  So I live in a two story house and have a small project upstairs that I work on during Jeopardy and curling and any movies that I watch with my parents.  Downstairs is where the BAP lives, cause that's where I watch movies and Netflix and most importantly Critical Role.
I have actually started this year having just finshed my last BAP and a bunch of ornaments, but I have plans.  I am currently stitching a baby name thing,  and it's my focus at the moment, and after it's done, I have no baby things needed, as far as I know no one is pregnant and the one I'm working on now will by less than a year after the birth, so that's not bad for me.

As for the plans for the rest of the year, the BAP is going to be Lion King, I'm just waiting for some fabric, it was a kit and came with some, but I really prefer working on evenweave.
I also have some small kits that have been hanging around for a few years, mainly gifts so they will be my smalls for the year.  I have just barely started this one from Dimensions , as I needed something bright to work on during a powerless New Years Day.

I also have one other SAL planned, more about that next blog.

In non stitching related things, Happy New Year hope yours was less "interesting" then mine,  A snow storm dumped 18"/45cm on us on new year's eve, taking the power out at 11 am on the 31st.  It didn't come back on till 2am on the 2nd. Not exactly the normal start to the year.
But plans for this year mainly work,sleep and stitch same as usual, except for July when I'm going to go to Denver to visit one of my best friends and go to Denver Pop Culture Con with her, and then she will show me around and probably find me a waterfall.
As for what I watched

Teen Wolf Season 5

Cats - I know it’s supposed to be horrible, but I love the music and thoroughly enjoyed the movie

The Addam’s Family Values - For a sequel it’s not bad at all, Not one I would have bought on it’s own, but it came as a two pack so I might as well watch it.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with your stitching for 2020.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lion King is going to be amazing. I hope you have a happy 2020 that is less eventful than your 1st of January :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, The Lion King! I've really been looking forward to that one. Maybe I should get Lady and the Tramp out for a bit as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES lets have lots of Disney fun this year

      Delete